In 2021, American Constructors continued our annual “Give Joy” holiday giving campaign for the fourth year in a row, inviting friends and partners to join us in donating $5,000 to five nonprofits making significant impacts in our community.
This year’s card was designed by 12-year-old Ava Perry, daughter of our team member Stephen Perry. Ava’s artwork was inspired by the spirit of giving. Recipients of our holiday card were given the opportunity to select between the following organizations to receive a donation in their name. Since our founding 40 years ago, giving back to the community has been a key value for American Constructors, and this work is more important than ever after another challenging year. Each of these organizations continue to provide critical resources to improve quality of life for children and families throughout Central Texas.
- The Settlement Home: Giving the gift of healing by providing access to counseling, physical health services and well-being resources for those in the foster care system.
- Helping Hand Home for Children: Giving the gift of a bright future by providing education, empowerment and mental health services for at-risk children.
- Central Texas Food Bank: Giving the gift of food security by providing nourishing meals for families across our region.
- Austin Voices for Education and Youth: Giving the gift of community by improving public education and providing new opportunities for local students and families
- Wonders and Worries: Giving the gift of empowerment by providing professional tools and coping strategies to children with parents experiencing serious illness.
A big thank you to Ava for designing this year’s card, and to all who participated in this year’s campaign. We appreciate your partnership and wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!