Friends and family gathered on November 6 to dedicate Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary’s (APTS) newest residence hall, the John & Sue McCoy House. The building is named for alumni and APTS board trustee emeritus, Reverend Dr. John McCoy and his wife Sue, who has been an APTS board member since 2015. The event began with a service of worship in Shelton Chapel followed by a bagpipe procession to the McCoy House, where the dedication and blessing took place. Attendees then enjoyed a community luncheon and tour of the new students’ home away from home. They also unveiled the “Lamb of God” sculpture, created and donated by artist Barvo Walker to honor John and Sue.
APTS was founded in 1902 and provides education for aspiring pastors for the Presbyterian church. The campus sits in the heart of downtown Austin next to the University of Texas and attracts a wide range of denominations, age groups, educational backgrounds, cultural heritages, and theological perspectives. The McCoy House, a four-story residential apartment built specifically for students with families, includes 29 suites, a commons area, a large deck, and a contemplative garden.
We are honored to be part of another exceptional project with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary!