On August 18, American Constructors proudly completed and revealed a dance studio for 12-year-old Chloe Hammonds of Belton Texas, made possible by the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and South Texas and generous project collaborators.
The volunteer crew worked throughout the day to put the finishing touches on the 160-square foot, cottage-style studio located in the Hammonds’ family’s backyard. The finished studio, which began construction in April 2021, was then unveiled to Chloe and her family for the first time when she returned from school, and it will now provide her a personal sanctuary to express herself through music and movement.
“It was such a pleasure to collaborate on this special project with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and so many generous project partners,” said Belinda Santolucito, Project Manager from American Constructors. “Giving back to the Central Texas community, and specifically supporting the needs of children, has always been a key focus for American Constructors. We are thrilled for Chloe to enjoy her new dance studio!”
Designed in a similar style to the Hammonds’ main residence, the studio is equipped with full-length mirrors and a speaker system for Chloe to enjoy some of her favorite dance styles, including contemporary, hip-hop and musical theater.
“American Constructors, and particularly the leadership of Belinda, was instrumental in bringing together a vast group of our Builders of Hope corporations and volunteers,” said Kathrin Brewer, CEO of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and South Texas. “Together, we were able to make this project a reality and give Chloe a brand new space truly worthy of her passions and talents.”
American Constructors is grateful to the many project partners and subcontractors who collaborated on this project, donating their time, talent and resources to make Chloe’s Wish possible:
- Endeavor Real Estate Group, Early Planning and Material Procurement
- JE Dunn, Early Planning and Material Procurement
- ABC Supply Co., Material Donation
- ATC Contractors, Inc., Labor and Materials, Waterproofing
- Bass Electric, Labor, Electrical
- Belton ISD, Student Volunteer Labor, Wall Framing
- Drywall Systems, Inc., Labor and Materials, Insulation, Drywall
- Flooring Solutions, Labor and Materials, Flooring
- Genentech, Cash Sponsor
- The Home Depot, Material Donation
- McCoy’s Building Supply, Material Donation
- Rio Insulation, Material Donation
- RoofCrafters, Inc., Labor, Building Wrap, Windows, Hardware, Door and Exterior Siding
- Slater Painting Company Inc., Labor and Materials, Tape, Paint and Texture
- Sixthriver, Architect
- Structures, Structural Design
- Solo 365 Construction, Labor, Wall and Roof Wood Framing
- Ranger Excavating, Labor and Materials, Building Pad
- Texas Roofing Co., Labor, Roofing
Giving back to the local community has been part of the fabric of our company since our founding in 1982. Thank you to the Make-A-Wish Foundation for allowing our team to be part of such a special project. We are so excited to officially welcome Chloe to her dance studio!